Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Who Quoted Me Details »
Who Quoted Me
Mod Version: 1.2.0, by renlok (Member) renlok is offline
Developer Last Online: Apr 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.7 Rating: (6 votes - 4.33 average) Installs: 51
Released: 29 Jan 2011 Last Update: 29 Jan 2011 Downloads: 625
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins  

In the user control panel, users can now see a list of the last few people who have quoted them.
This is a great way to encourage users to interact with each other as they can easily keep track of conversations within threads.


If you use this i would really appreciate any small donation

EDIT:
Looks like there a few bugs in this I dont have a computer at the moment but Freshfoot has made an updated release with some new features: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...1&postcount=30

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-01-29 at 12.13.15.png
Views:	1542
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	126218  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
  #16  
Old 30 Jan 2011, 05:49
Wonksta Wonksta is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Hmm would


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Work efficiently if so where should that go in the XML?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 30 Jan 2011, 06:02
FreshFroot's Avatar
FreshFroot FreshFroot is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Well what I am thinking of doing is adding a section in acp, so you can select which usergroups can use this hack.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 30 Jan 2011, 06:10
Wonksta Wonksta is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Originally Posted by FreshFroot View Post
Well what I am thinking of doing is adding a section in acp, so you can select which usergroups can use this hack.
Ahhh if only I was that good with coding!

I'll wait for you then
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 30 Jan 2011, 06:17
FreshFroot's Avatar
FreshFroot FreshFroot is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Originally Posted by Wonksta View Post
What kind of stress does this put on the server fetching quotes?
From what I can tell it will put just a little bit more stress on the server compared to posting a new reply. Just because it's going to check if the post is quoted and then create a notification.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 30 Jan 2011, 06:38
Wonksta Wonksta is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Originally Posted by FreshFroot View Post
From what I can tell it will put just a little bit more stress on the server compared to posting a new reply. Just because it's going to check if the post is quoted and then create a notification.
OK Should be OK then for only Premium Members I guess! Lookin forward to your usergroup mod now even more
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 30 Jan 2011, 06:41
FreshFroot's Avatar
FreshFroot FreshFroot is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Originally Posted by Wonksta View Post
OK Should be OK then for only Premium Members I guess! Lookin forward to your usergroup mod now even more
working on it as we speak.. might be done in 30 mins.

I did find a bug, I guess the OP missed a vB4 tag and so when you click on a thread in the usercp.. it leads you to...

showthread.php?t=13#post{vb:raw whoquote.postid}

Going to fix this too

So far I added in the 3 fixes till now.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 30 Jan 2011, 06:44
Wonksta Wonksta is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Originally Posted by FreshFroot View Post
working on it as we speak.. might be done in 30 mins.

I did find a bug, I guess the OP missed a vB4 tag and so when you click on a thread in the usercp.. it leads you to...

showthread.php?t=13#post{vb:raw whoquote.postid}

Going to fix this too

So far I added in the 3 fixes till now.
You are a good man!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 30 Jan 2011, 06:54
FreshFroot's Avatar
FreshFroot FreshFroot is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
almost done.. just going to do a few fast tests to see if it works and then i'll let u give it a test run for me too.

The one thing that I do hate is the fact that once you click on the notifications.

I kinda think it might be better if it worked the same way the PM system does? Where if you go into your PM box and if you have 2 PM's, but only read one of them.

the notification will STILL say you have 1 PM and will go away when you read all unread PM's.

So hopefully the same can be done for this mod. Where it highlights which quotes are NEW and the notification goes away when you view all quoted posts?

Anyways thought I'd throw it out there in case people like the idea or not.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 30 Jan 2011, 06:56
Wonksta Wonksta is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Originally Posted by FreshFroot View Post
almost done.. just going to do a few fast tests to see if it works and then i'll let u give it a test run for me too.

The one thing that I do hate is the fact that once you click on the notifications.

I kinda think it might be better if it worked the same way the PM system does? Where if you go into your PM box and if you have 2 PM's, but only read one of them.

the notification will STILL say you have 1 PM and will go away when you read all unread PM's.

So hopefully the same can be done for this mod. Where it highlights which quotes are NEW and the notification goes away when you view all quoted posts?

Anyways thought I'd throw it out there in case people like the idea or not.
That's pretty solid idea mate I also noticed that it doesn't actually take you to the post in which you were quoted in (unless it's just me???) can be difficult if the thread is 6,000 + posts (I have a few of these)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 30 Jan 2011, 07:00
FreshFroot's Avatar
FreshFroot FreshFroot is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Originally Posted by Wonksta View Post
That's pretty solid idea mate I also noticed that it doesn't actually take you to the post in which you were quoted in (unless it's just me???) can be difficult if the thread is 6,000 + posts (I have a few of these)
it doesn't take you to the quotes post, because as I decribed above. The coder when porting the mod from vB4 to vB3 left a vB4 code tag, which vB3 doesn't understand. I fixed that so it will lead to the post now.

I think I am done for the most part with the update.

I kinda want to find a way to get the idea I posted going.. or at least getting the unread quote notifications marked with something, so you know which ones you read and check and which ones you haven't.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 30 Jan 2011, 07:05
Wonksta Wonksta is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Originally Posted by FreshFroot View Post
it doesn't take you to the quotes post, because as I decribed above. The coder when porting the mod from vB4 to vB3 left a vB4 code tag, which vB3 doesn't understand. I fixed that so it will lead to the post now.

I think I am done for the most part with the update.

I kinda want to find a way to get the idea I posted going.. or at least getting the unread quote notifications marked with something, so you know which ones you read and check and which ones you haven't.
I fixed that so it will lead to the post now.
Sorry my bad! Good work!

I kinda want to find a way to get the idea I posted going.. or at least getting the unread quote notifications marked with something, so you know which ones you read and check and which ones you haven't.
Again, that idea is sweet!

Another idea i was thinking was under the Title of the thread an XX amount of character preview of the post that can be admin set in acp

just an idea :P
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 30 Jan 2011, 07:14
Wonksta Wonksta is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Also just thought of a little scenario where a member may get pissed off, if he she posts something really controversial then goes to bed wakes up and has 50 notifications there needs to be a way to mark the all 'viewed/red' in a single click.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 30 Jan 2011, 07:22
FreshFroot's Avatar
FreshFroot FreshFroot is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Originally Posted by Wonksta View Post
Also just thought of a little scenario where a member may get pissed off, if he she posts something really controversial then goes to bed wakes up and has 50 notifications there needs to be a way to mark the all 'viewed/red' in a single click.
good idea.. I didn't think about that... hmmm

okay well I will work with that part later sometime unless the OP does it.

For now I got it working with usergroups and also made a way to turn the system on and off.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 30 Jan 2011, 07:28
Wonksta Wonksta is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Originally Posted by FreshFroot View Post
good idea.. I didn't think about that... hmmm

okay well I will work with that part later sometime unless the OP does it.

For now I got it working with usergroups and also made a way to turn the system on and off.
Awesome! Great ideas are never rushed!

Let me know when ya ready for me to test it you can PM if you like
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 30 Jan 2011, 07:31
FreshFroot's Avatar
FreshFroot FreshFroot is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Alright guys here is an updated version for those that don't want to wait.

Thanks to the OP for making a vB3 version.

Added a way to turn the quote notifications on or off globally
Able to add usergroup permissions as to who can use the quote notification system.
Fixed the usercp quotes thread tags, which now will point to the quoted post reply

Fixed the image tag to use default code for vB stylevars
Fixed the plugin issue loading quotes

Thanks to dartho for the above two fixes.
EDIT: forgot to add, just upload like you do usually and overwrite.

Also updated it to v1.2.1

If you have problems let me know.

In the mean time I am looking at the ideas I discussed earlier above in other posts.
Attached Files
File Type: xml who_quoted_me _freshfroot.xml (12.3 KB, 324 views)

Last edited by FreshFroot; 30 Jan 2011 at 08:44.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:32.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: