Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25 Jul 2012, 22:59

Increase the height of quick reply editor

The quick reply editor located at showthread.php is being called using $messagearea so I don't know where to find the code which defines the height of the quick reply box.

Refer to attached screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: png add.png (18.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 26 Jul 2012, 05:16

You have a couple of different options.

If you want to edit php files, it's in your forum/includes folder labeled "functions_editor.php" and you can search for "$editor_height" to find it. You'll have three options. Change the height respective to what you're using.

If you want to edit a template, you can open your "showthread_quickreply" template and search for "{$editor_height}" to find it. There are two options here again pending how it's being used. You'll want to replace them with the desired height.
Old 26 Jul 2012, 15:20

I prefer not to edit php files.

I went ahead and modified the showthread_quickreply template according to my needs regarding the editor height however the editor height is still the same... nothing changed. Try it yourself and you'll see.

Any other way?