Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25 Nov 2010, 12:12

Sarah Palin: We've got to stand with our North Korean allies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDesY...layer_embedded

El Reg reported "Sarah Palin has redefined US foreign policy and put YouTube under a little bit of strain by telling right wing radio host Glenn Beck that America must stand by its North Korean allies.

Palin, sometime Alaska governor and current reality TV star, was responding to a question from Beck about how she would respond to a developing situation like that in North Korea.

The Tea Party's favourite cupcake showed exactly what she'd do, ie, engage mouth and let rip before taking her foot off the brain brake.

After rubbishing the current White House for showing a complete lack of backbone, she declared: "Obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies."
Where do they get them from ?
Old 25 Nov 2010, 13:52

i like american allies... they are all... rofl
Old 25 Nov 2010, 23:51

I don't know but it's no worse than Presidential candidate Obama stating he had been to "57" US States so far with only 2 more to go.

(@BirdOPrey5) Former vb.org Moderator. Fighting for a free & independent vb.org.
BirdOPrey5.com - Exclusive VB Mods! (Formerly Qapla.com) | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I do not read my PMs often, do not expect quick replies.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 11:26

He was talking about Heinz Ketchup, Joe... rofl
Old 28 Nov 2010, 01:49

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
I don't know but it's no worse than Presidential candidate Obama stating he had been to "57" US States so far with only 2 more to go.
Now THAT is funny.
Old 06 Dec 2010, 02:41

If Sarah Palin some how even got the nomination, I would be very concerned.

If she magically made it through the primaries, I'd drastically ask for a re-count & want a complete investigation into the voting systems for suspicion of fraud.

If she won and became President .... Be afraid.... be very afraid
Old 06 Dec 2010, 03:04

I agree... it would be the worst thing in the world for America to have an attractive, straight, woman who is patriotic and stands for family values in the White House.

(@BirdOPrey5) Former vb.org Moderator. Fighting for a free & independent vb.org.
BirdOPrey5.com - Exclusive VB Mods! (Formerly Qapla.com) | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Old 06 Dec 2010, 03:24

If she's nominated, I'll vote for her.
Old 06 Dec 2010, 05:02

I agree... it would be the worst thing in the world for America to have an attractive, straight, woman who is patriotic and stands for family values in the White House.
Well stated! Love the sarcasm...

At anyrate - Gov. Palin gets all kind of unwarranted BS hurled her way. But apparently she's laughing it all the way to the bank as a self-made millionairess.

I voted for her and Sen. McCain last presidential election and am quite happy to say that if I had it to do again - I'd make the same decision.

My wish is that the Republican party (in general) would drop organized prejudice from their platform. "Conservative" does not mean you have to be an anti-gay bigot. And "family values" are not exclusive to only straight couples. But that's a different story entirely.

Anyway ==> 3 cheers for a True Patriot who is not afraid to say it like it is.

Last edited by JacquiiDesigns; 06 Dec 2010 at 05:07.
Old 06 Dec 2010, 07:53

Originally Posted by worried View Post
If she's nominated, I'll vote for her.
And then that will be the year all your country men die...

Originally Posted by JacquiiCooke View Post
Well stated! Love the sarcasm...

At anyrate - Gov. Palin gets all kind of unwarranted BS hurled her way. But apparently she's laughing it all the way to the bank as a self-made millionairess.

I voted for her and Sen. McCain last presidential election and am quite happy to say that if I had it to do again - I'd make the same decision.

My wish is that the Republican party (in general) would drop organized prejudice from their platform. "Conservative" does not mean you have to be an anti-gay bigot. And "family values" are not exclusive to only straight couples. But that's a different story entirely.

Anyway ==> 3 cheers for a True Patriot who is not afraid to say it like it is.
Personally, if it was someone different than McCain and Palin. I'd feel better. But the fact that Mccain was in the army and what not. I don't think he makes a good PEACE man.

Right now the world needs peace leaders, not ones that have military blood in them only to start up more fights.

I bet right now if McCain had won.. the USA would be in BIG trouble. Far worse than it is right now, and some might say it can't be.. but yes.. there is far worse than going bankrupt and having no job and staving. And that worse would be war aka death.
Old 06 Dec 2010, 13:25

A topic on a funny slip of the tongue by a politician is okay on vBulletin.org, but please do not turn this into a political thread.
Old 06 Dec 2010, 14:07

EDIT: Marco- I started writing this post before your post (yes it took over 30 minutes because I was distracted) but I hope you don't consider this political in any case.

America does not like war... yeah you have some crazy sicko's out there who just like to kill and find their outlet in the Military- but from both personal experience and internal military news sources the VAST majority of US Soldiers would like nothing better than to maintain the peace rather than wage war. War is HELL and no one knows that better than a soldier. Most military men (and women) have families and want to get back to them alive and with all the arms and legs they had before they left.

So yes, we all WANT peace... the problem is that there are forces in this world who genuinely don't want peace. I can't even blame some terrorists for hating America and the Western world... Truth be told they got the raw end of the stick over the last 200 years. Now some blame lies with themselves for being either too entrenched into ancient religious beliefs and/or allowing themselves to be governed by brutal warlords and tyrants rather than modern democracies that evolved elsewhere in the world... but regardless of how or why we got to where we are it doesn't change the facts right now. The facts are there are people willing to kill themselves to kill us... there are people willing to strap bombs to their kids to kill us.

It can be strongly argued through the Bill Clinton Presidency America "stepped back" from around the world- our Military was cut and although we were being attacked by "terrorists" and Saddam Hussein we never really fought back other than fire a well placed missile at a public target. And for a long time this course of action looked like it could work- we were saving a lot of money and we were willing to accept occasional loses to military targets and embassies in far off lands. But on 9/11 when things hit home we learned in just a couple hours that we could not continue to ignore the world.

History teaches us what happens when the world refuses to be aggressive with aggressors. Without American intervention it was a real risk Saddam Hussein would have conquered Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, the rest of the Arabian Peninsular, and then Iran and who knows what after that. No doubt through all this there would have been genocide of those throughout his empire he didn't like, like he had already done in Iraq itself.

The Taliban was another "government" that was certifiably crazy with delusions of world domination. Just a few months before 9/11 the Taliban raised my personal red flags when I read a new article about how they used tanks to destroy thousand+ year old carvings of Buddah or something like that made into the cliff-sides of the canyon walls. This would be the equivalent of Egypt destroying the Pyramids because they aren't Islamic in origin. I realized then that this was a festering wound allowed to grow too big we'd soon need to deal with, though I never expected how soon but it was obvious to anyone paying attention they'd be problem for the world as a whole.

So please don't confuse America's willingness to fight the enemy as America's desire for war. It may seem like one and the same to outsiders, it is probably even reported in such a way by international media to promote such thinking, but it is certainly not true.

Old 06 Dec 2010, 14:56

Well, that's an interesting list of things that you feel are important to running a country. But there are lots of people in the country matching that description, is she really the best of them? Maybe there's someone out there with more knowledge of the world, a better education, or a little more experience, for instance?

BTW, I agree that her slip of the tongue wasn't a big deal - you can pretty much find something like that for anyone who speaks in public.
Old 06 Dec 2010, 17:12

Edited so as not to provoke a political discussion but suffice to say I agree I doubt she is the best person to be President of the USA as well.

Old 06 Dec 2010, 19:04

I can understand that, and although I didn't read it before you edited it I can probably guess where you were going. I guess it's not an unusual thing to have a portion of the population believe that anything's better than the current situation at any given time - certainly that was as true 4 years ago as it is today.