Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30 Jul 2007, 06:59

MrZeropage How about using the relevant page title for iBProArcade page? Like
<title>$vboptions[bbtitle] - ibProArcade</title></head>
Old 02 Aug 2007, 22:14

Originally Posted by Mudvayne View Post
MrZeropage How about using the relevant page title for iBProArcade page? Like
What about <title>Game title - $vboptions[bbtitle] - ibProArcade</title></head>?
Old 14 Aug 2007, 23:45

An "advance all" button on your admin panel that will check through all the open tournaments and advance winning players from any stuck matches.
Old 15 Aug 2007, 17:32

These things would be nice (major things and minor)
  1. Able to edit arcade styles through Style Manager
  2. Able to easily change images for the arcade
  3. Multiplayer games (I know, major)
  4. More games with default download (and removing one, as one was removed from the authors site because of copyright)
  5. All vB Plaza code removed. Just hooks for money codes.
That's about it.
Old 21 Aug 2007, 10:55

Originally Posted by okgaz View Post
An "advance all" button on your admin panel that will check through all the open tournaments and advance winning players from any stuck matches.
An alternative to this would be to check if there are any stuck games every time a tournament is viewed.

Also I think:
"Score Tools > Update the Best Results"
should replace the best score ever even if it is lower than the current high score

Last edited by okgaz; 22 Aug 2007 at 17:53.
Old 21 Aug 2007, 20:04

a suggestion:
you should use class="bginput" for input fields and class="button" for buttons for better looking in the arcade
Old 22 Aug 2007, 17:18

Would be good for admins to have access to a small X next to each game's username so we can just delete scores without going to the admincp. This feature is available in v3Arcade.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 19:00

Not sure if it is mentioned already, but it would be nice to have direct link to a game listed on main page in "newests champions". So that people can easily try to beat a score if they see something interesting there. Instead of searching for the game if total number of games is high.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 10:49

I'm sure this gets requested a lot. But being able to change the orientation of the tables that display the game instructions would be nice. I did this manually, but it would nice to have a admin option, so I don't have to redo it with every update.

Also, maybe this is just me, I've never understood why all these game mods have to have the top scores, the most recent games, the most played games and all that table info on every page. If there were an option to show it on just the index page, and have all the category listings on separate pages without having to scroll to the bottom, then I'd love that. As it is, I kind of have to put indications that games are listed at the bottom of each page, and I think, from a design sense point-of-view, that's not the most efficient design.

Last but not least, there seems to be an aversion to uploading games to these download sites with a clear and concise list of game-play instructions. I don't know if it's possible, but if there were some way for the in-game instructions to be "read" during install and then posted in The Controls or Object section, I think that would be a plus for the modfication.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 11:06

Thumbs up

How about a page in the Admin Control Panel, with links to the game site's where people can download the games...........
Old 30 Aug 2007, 07:10

This has probably been mentioned before, but in order to rate a game, you have to add it as a favorite. So if you are rating a game low, you are essentially saying 'this is one of my favorite games and it sucks.' This is strange right? Favorite and Rating should be independent of one another in my opinion. Thanks.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 09:35

it is independent, you can rate every game after playing
Old 30 Aug 2007, 12:01

Originally Posted by MrZeropage View Post
it is independent, you can rate every game after playing
Oh sorry man! I didn't see that, thanks. I was thinking it would be nice to have it in the game list but I see now that the idea is that they have to play it once to rate it. Although, I have a number of games installed that are not IBPA integrated so no score submit, and therefore no opportunity to rate it without making it a favorite. Now that I know where it is I could add that bit to the game skin though. Thanks again.

Last edited by tminus; 31 Aug 2007 at 06:10.
Old 02 Sep 2007, 01:17

Some essential options...
1. allow secondary usergroups when setting usergroup permissions - at the current setup, you need separate primary usergroup for those who are privileged to create tourney games
2. enable/disable view highscores/tourney wins in memberinfo (profile page) - this is an alternative way of acknowledging your members efforts if they managed to highscore 50+ games and you want to show all those games without compromising your server load (instead of postbit)
Old 11 Sep 2007, 20:19

Originally Posted by Pocket Aces View Post
Some essential options...
2. enable/disable view highscores/tourney wins in memberinfo (profile page) - this is an alternative way of acknowledging your members efforts if they managed to highscore 50+ games and you want to show all those games without compromising your server load (instead of postbit)
EXACTLY what i was going to post. i'm trying to figure out how to add this now but not doing so well.