Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03 Jul 2006, 17:02

Originally Posted by flypaper
I was lucky enough to be one of MrZero's test bunnies on this. As usual, excellent work.
Great
Old 08 Jul 2006, 23:55

Today I made the change to Ibproarcade. Out with the old, in with the new.

I used the converter to bring over all the scores from V3 arcade, but there is one problem. It brought over every score ever set, even though I only want members highest scores to show. I have the ACP set to "only save users top score", and that seems to be working just fine now, but how do I go back and update the leaderboards to delete every score except the highest for each user? I have ran all of the updates in score tools, and none of them had an effect.

I dont have too many users so I could just go through and prune each users scores individually, but if there is an easier way to do this, please do tell.

Thanks!
Old 09 Jul 2006, 07:39

@altdelete47:
Thanks for using ibProArcade
That is a thing I thought of to integrate in AdminCP for next v2.5.7+: prune all lower scores of a user per game if setting is changed to "save only users top score", or just provide a function in "Score Tools" for that.
By now there is no option to do that automatically, sorry.
Old 09 Jul 2006, 07:43

thank you for such a fabulous mod, and the great converter - worked wonrderfully to do the conversion, and the removal of v3 - everything was very clear and easy to do! I was so thrillede to be able to include the old games and old high scores so easily.
wonderful job!
jilly
Abe1 - Andreas - Calorie - CMX_CMGSCCC - Cyb - Darkwaltz4 - Mosh - MrZeropage - Oblivion Knight - Paul M. - Phalynx - PixelFX - Psionic Vision - randominity - Sabret00the - tamarian - tehste - Tygertyger - Zachariah - Zero Tolerance
Old 09 Jul 2006, 16:38

It worked, but the other Games that come with Ibpro .. like Pacman etc are missing, even though they were their before i did the Conversion.
Old 09 Jul 2006, 17:01

Yes, because of unique GameIDs all Games are pruned before converting the existing Games, and I did not implement to re-add them after all games from v3arcade are converter to avoid double-games, as most of standard-games are the same in v3arcade.

Feel free to add them manually
Old 10 Jul 2006, 17:51

worked well but i deleted all my scores afterwardsand it still shows a member saying "got 109 times
the High Score of all time "

Any ideas on what went wrong?
Old 10 Jul 2006, 22:00

you deleted the scores afterwards and thus the best results remain as being independent from pruning ect.

ibProArcade v2.5.7+ will come along with a feature to delete some/all best results, until then you have to wait or run the following queries:

UPDATE games_list SET bestscore=0
UPDATE games_list SET bestmid=0
Old 11 Jul 2006, 06:05

Thank you. Worked a charm
Old 12 Jul 2006, 03:09

Is it possible to run both the old Arcade and the new converted one simultaneously? For example one as a private and one as a public?
Old 12 Jul 2006, 08:41

Not really, as the games submit their score to /arcade.php
Beside it would not really make sense as you would have two score-tables ect.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 14:28

I was thinking because of some of the adult games I would want to keep them seperate. Np, I appreciate you response! I think I will give this a try!

-Jason
Old 12 Jul 2006, 16:14

You can keep Games separate this way with ibProArcade:

put the adult games in a category ("adult" or something like that) and adapt the permissions that only one specific usergroup can access this category.

Then you can easily manage who can access those games and who not
Old 19 Jul 2006, 21:36

main:
vBulletin 3.0.8
v3arcade 1.0.2

what should I do to upgrade?
Old 19 Jul 2006, 21:57

the Converter only works for the new v3arcade done for vBulletin 3.5.x

so you could uninstall your v3arcade and start over with a fresh ibProArcade
this ibProArcade v2.5.6+ is compatible to vBulletin 3.x.x