Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
EPC MySpace Music Player to Profile Details »
EPC MySpace Music Player to Profile
Mod Version: 1.00, by blogtorank (Member) blogtorank is offline
Developer Last Online: Mar 2008 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.8 Rating: (3 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 17
Released: 23 Aug 2007 Last Update: Never Downloads: 158
Not Supported Uses Plugins  

EPC MySpace Music Player to Profile

Description:


All of you bands, music artists on MySpace looking to increase your hits and plays? Well here you go!

Install:

Follow the README.pdf or here:
  • Go To: Admincp > User Profile Fields > Add a new user profile field
    • See the PDF document for a screenshot of the required fields.
    • Note down the field id
    • Edit the memberinfo_customfields template
    • Add the following at the end:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

*Remember to change the number 5 to match the custom field ID for your forums.
  • Import the attached plugin plugin_epc_myspace_player.xml
  • Edit the plugin:-

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

  • Save the plugin.
  • Thats all
Usage:

Enter your friend id in the usercp profiles section. Goto member profile to view your myspace player. Viola Pure Love!!!!!

Requirements:

You mush have CURL installed on your server.

Don't ask me how to install CURL or verify, ask your webhost, technician or whoever runs this server for you if CURL is installed.

Enjoy as it works look at the screenshot and do add do friend up with me at MySpace EPCTechno

Oh and mark install if you like this!
Copyrights:


Another thing, do NOT use this code elsewhere in another hack unless you ask for permissions stating you made this and made that Let's get real and give props to my MySpace profile for this!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	epc-myspace-music-player-to-profile.jpg
Views:	972
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	68939  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Comments
  #2  
Old 23 Aug 2007, 12:04
blogtorank's Avatar
blogtorank blogtorank is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Real name: Demetrius
Reserved for future usage. Have a great day!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23 Aug 2007, 14:43
jasculs jasculs is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
hello...this isn't working for me it seems....my host says that curl is enabled...also can I put the code $myplayercode in the MEMBERINFO? I have a custom profile set-up
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23 Aug 2007, 14:50
jasculs jasculs is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
ok...this only works with myspace music pages? can I somehow get the player/music that is in my profile..I don't have a myspace music page?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23 Aug 2007, 15:23
jasculs jasculs is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Ok...I know what the problem is, but I'm not sure how to change it....MySpace music profiles and regular profiles have different music players when you look at the source code...MySpace music players use the id "mp3player", where as regular profiles with the smaller players use "mini" I think.

Also I believe the object code may be a bit different.

It would be great if you could get it to fetch the music players from regular profiles also.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23 Aug 2007, 17:39
yahoooh yahoooh is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
great idea
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 23 Aug 2007, 19:40
blogtorank's Avatar
blogtorank blogtorank is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Real name: Demetrius
Originally Posted by jasculs View Post
ok...this only works with myspace music pages? can I somehow get the player/music that is in my profile..I don't have a myspace music page?
Yes this works for MySpace Artist's Music Player due to this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=155259

The screenshot depicts what this supports... Everyone and their brother has a Embed Video code to the forums, now an Artist on MySpace can put their music in their profile on a forums that supports this!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 23 Aug 2007, 19:49
jasculs jasculs is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
But is there a way to have it embed the smaller players also like you see in regular myspace profiles because I have custom profiles and music profile players are too big. See here at my profile:

www.grapplersguide.com/forums/grapplersguide

When I add the player it makes the profile go off the template
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 23 Aug 2007, 19:55
jasculs jasculs is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
or is there a way to embed the music profile players but make them smaller?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 23 Aug 2007, 19:56
blogtorank's Avatar
blogtorank blogtorank is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Real name: Demetrius
Originally Posted by jasculs View Post
But is there a way to have it embed the smaller players also like you see in regular myspace profiles because I have custom profiles and music profile players are too big. See here at my profile:

www.grapplersguide.com/forums/grapplersguide

When I add the player it makes the profile go off the template
Yeah well like I said this is for the WHOLE player for the Artist only... To help increase plays However on the smaller one I'll see about that...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 23 Aug 2007, 20:10
jasculs jasculs is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Originally Posted by blogtorank View Post
Yeah well like I said this is for the WHOLE player for the Artist only... To help increase plays However on the smaller one I'll see about that...
Yes...I know...the music that is in the smaller players though are from the artists on myspace too...so it helps get exposure both ways.

I would also definitely use the MySpace artists players if it didn't effect the profiles in my forum...is there a way I can parameters for the size of the player.

Last edited by jasculs; 23 Aug 2007 at 20:18.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 23 Aug 2007, 20:22
blogtorank's Avatar
blogtorank blogtorank is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Real name: Demetrius
Originally Posted by jasculs View Post
Yes...I know...the music that is in the smaller players though are from the artists on myspace too...so it helps get exposure both ways.
As I said I'll look into this, because the fact is that I made this for the whole player. I would make a baby mod for this one! How's that sound? I like your recommendation, and see your point for your forums, even though you have a slightly slow loading profile on your forums, fractioned T-1 took 8 seconds to load your profile (I would check that out and see what you can do to speed that up though and not add no more hacks )

Just rather keep them separate and not to mix nothing up, because the intentions for this mod is for the respect to the Artist's full player!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 23 Aug 2007, 20:27
jasculs jasculs is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Originally Posted by blogtorank View Post
As I said I'll look into this, because the fact is that I made this for the whole player. I would make a baby mod for this one! How's that sound? I like your recommendation, and see your point for your forums, even though you have a slightly slow loading profile on your forums, fractioned T-1 took 8 seconds to load your profile (I would check that out and see what you can do to speed that up though and not add no more hacks )

Just rather keep them separate and not to mix nothing up, because the intentions for this mod is for the respect to the Artist's full player!
I understand...I'm planning on upgrading my hosting soon so hopefully that will help with the speed...Thank you for your replies also..they are much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 23 Aug 2007, 21:16
blogtorank's Avatar
blogtorank blogtorank is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Real name: Demetrius
Originally Posted by jasculs View Post
I understand...I'm planning on upgrading my hosting soon so hopefully that will help with the speed...Thank you for your replies also..they are much appreciated.
I did post here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=129339 Which you should check out sometime when you get the time, about checking speeds, optimizing, and etc for your hosting environment...

You are welcome too, I just like to keep these mods separated and to the point!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 24 Aug 2007, 02:38
blogtorank's Avatar
blogtorank blogtorank is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Real name: Demetrius
Updated the Mod's Description with the Install notes so it'll be easier for anyone to simply copy/paste the code now. Enjoy! Love to hear all that did install of their feedback...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:54.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: