Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
GItemStats WoWHead Support Details »
GItemStats WoWHead Support
Developer Last Online: Jan 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.7.0 Rating: (5 votes - 4.80 average) Installs: 34
Released: 10 Jun 2008 Last Update: 11 Jun 2008 Downloads: 359
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Re-usable Code Translations External Content  

gItemStats is a modification for vBulletin which allows you to display popup World of Warcraft item information on your fourms. This is an Update on Gryphon's Code which adds WoWHead Support. Please Follow All Instructions in the rar/zip file. Also adds support for automatic icon downloading if you follow the included instrutions or refer to http://forums.eqdkp.com/index.php?showtopic=9342 for instrutions on using automatic download support.

If you use this mod, please Mark as Installed, and if you really enjoy this mod, please Nominate for MOTM, and if you really really enjoy this mod, feel free to Support Developer! Thank you!

Support

________________________________________________________________________________ _______

I use my released mods daily, if I find an issue with them or add features for myself I will release updates. If there are significant bugs or simple feature requests I will do my best to release fixes. Some of my mods rely on fetching data from 3rd party websites, due to the unreliable results, my mods will require users to troubleshoot for themselves if they find the addon is not working for them specifically. I am offering my personal mods that work ok for me for you to use, I am sorry I do not have time to troubleshoot many user specific issues. Thank you for your understanding.

Features
________________________________________________________________________________ _______
  • Includes Itemstats v1.5.5
  • Requires some file edits, config done by vBulletin options
  • WoWHead Support WILL NOT PARSE ALAKAHZHAM
  • Fixed Problem with WYSIWYG post Editor

Installation
  1. Download the latest version and upload all files.
  2. Install the product.
  3. That is all, instruct people to use [item]Item Name[/item].

Changes

v1.09 - Eliminated need for class_bbcode_alt.php while still making WYSIWYG edit compatible.

v1.08 - Eliminated need for class_bbcode.php and vbulletin_config_itemstats.php files to be included with package

v1.07 - Fixed Item Images not showing up and set up automatic downloading of icons upon product install

v1.06 - Added button to WYSIWYG and normal editor

v1.05 - Fixed WYSIWYG post editor problem. Added WoWHead support.

v1.04 - Install product with overwrite enabled
Maintenance release for vBulletin 3.7

v1.03 - Install product with overwrite enabled, upload functions_gitemstats.php
Update for Arcade compatibility.

v1.02 - Install product with overwrite enabled
Update to prevent errors if files are removed before product is uninstalled.

v1.01 - Install product with overwrite enabled and then upload includes/functions_gitemstats.php
Changed things around a bit to ensure settings work.

v1.00 - Upload all files import product.
Initial Release

Copyright
Original Core Product Copyright Ryan Snook (www.gryphonllc.com)
Itemstats Copyright Yahourt (itemstats.free.fr)
WoWHead Support Added to GItemStats by TUAGuild
WoWhead Support Code By Fenuz

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	gitemstats.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	82042   Click image for larger version

Name:	gitemstatswowhead.PNG
Views:	444
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	82045  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases gItemStats - World of Warcraft Itemstats Gryphon Modification Graveyard 181 10 Jun 2008 18:13
BB Code Enhancements WowHead BBcode 1&2 Deepdog009 vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 34 01 Feb 2008 12:54
BB Code Enhancements WoWHead Itemstats + MouseoverTooltip BlizzardHQ vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 4 30 Jan 2008 00:28

Comments
Old 10 Jun 2008, 17:39

Any questions about gitemstats come here. and ask me. Also Will Work on a version that uses MMODB support. It will be posted on a different thread.

Last edited by tuaguild; 10 Jun 2008 at 23:47.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 18:23

what are the differences between your and THIS hack?
Old 10 Jun 2008, 18:33

Originally Posted by KURTZ View Post
what are the differences between your and THIS hack?
Different author, different code. Does there need to be any more of a difference?
Old 10 Jun 2008, 18:38

Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
Different author, different code.
OK, but these hacks do the same things ... that's i'm wondering ...
Old 10 Jun 2008, 18:41

They do the same thing but the tooltip popup is different and slightly transparent and also it parses a differant site for item cacheing plus it is easier to use with more features
Both parse wowhead but instead of parsing every time a page loads it saves the item info to the db and loads that item from there then on

Old 10 Jun 2008, 18:45

Originally Posted by tuaguild View Post
They do the same thing but the tooltip popup is different and slightly transparent and also it parses a differant site for item cacheing
OK thx, however i just tested yours, and i've found a little issue ... a missing image in the tool tip ... check the shot attached ...

PS. the other creates a new button into the editor ... can you provide us the same thing?
Attached Images
File Type: gif 01 Shot @ Jun. 10 20.44.gif (23.4 KB, 52 views)
Old 10 Jun 2008, 18:48

ok let me look into the code and i will post an update
Yes i gotta look at the code and i will add a button also the pictures not showing up go to your vb options and make sure the images are coming from wowhead.com if it doesnt work i will change the code to use an icon pack i provide with the product.

Old 10 Jun 2008, 18:56

thx mate ... also can you provide something for the editor? (i mean a button)
Old 10 Jun 2008, 19:06

working on that this is my first vb product so i am not really sure how to add a button to the WYSIWYG editor cause i havent ever done it i will do some research and get it done for you guys
Also if it says in vboptions it is getting the pics from wowhead and it still isnt working try reuploading all the files and reinstalling the product that is sometimes caused by ftp depreciation

Old 10 Jun 2008, 20:43

fixed problem with icon images not showing up by enableing auto downloading of icons and using the cache set up on your server. Also Added a button to the editor toolbar you must change the permissions for itemstats/wowhead_icons/ to chmod 777 so it will save the icons to the server

Last edited by tuaguild; 10 Jun 2008 at 23:48.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 22:15

While this does basicly nothing that different (except add a lot of additional files + waste to your vbulletin directory) , why are you replacing the default class_bbcode.php and class_bbcode_alt.php files ? That's just a bad idea to begin with.

Besides after looking through the code, your vbulletin_config.php file adds a define for the path to the itemstats folder (which should be in the init_start hook), and your other include , the vbulletin_itemstats.php file is completly empty (0-byte file).

Anyways, for the question above as to what the difference between gItemStats and my product?

Using wowheads powered by javascript does not add additional code to your site. the ItemStats mod adds a table to each for each item link that is created embeded into the item's A HREF tag. If you have a rather large item list (such as say your guild bank listing or even your own characters listing), you could increase the size of your page download by quite a bit.

Also, editing a post with an item in it using the WYSIWYG editor clobbers the item link.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 22:21

if you use the provided class_bbcode.php and class_bbcode_alt.php it doesnt using those files fixes the editor problem with gitemstats and i prefer my code and the differance in speed is negligable plus i am more for guild sites that do not use a guild bank on the site plus yours has to use an outside js in order to show the tooltip mine is internal and if you require a large item cache it is much faster to use your own database for the files than to rely on wowhead every time it parses also i am working on an integration of wowroster from wowroster.net with vbulletin and that requires the original itemstats code

Old 10 Jun 2008, 23:30

after looking into sweede's post I eliminated need for the vbulletin_config_itemstats.php and class_bbcode.php files. I also want to explain how i fixed the WYSIWYG editor problem. If you open your class_bbcode_alt.php file you find a line
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

after the var $unparsed_tags = array( line you just have to add
'item', right above thread. so it should look like this

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 11 Jun 2008, 01:38

nothing against any user, but eliminate the need to edit files.

look at my products wysiwyg_start hook for the right way to fix wysiwyg support