Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Block Google's CHROME-Browser Details »
Block Google's CHROME-Browser
Developer Last Online: May 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (10 votes - 4.90 average) Installs: 79
Released: 04 Sep 2008 Last Update: Never Downloads: 425
Supported Uses Plugins Translations  

This Modification blocks all visitors using Google's CHROME-browser from your vBulletin.

Those users get a message in their Google-Browser that they should use any other browser and come back

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	noCHROME.jpg
Views:	3063
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	86540  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Mini Mods Block Chrome GWLiaR Modification Graveyard 4 20 Sep 2008 23:30

Old 06 May 2009, 15:07

Originally Posted by jesus likes pie View Post
chrome is an awful browser anyways.

NO reason to use it over firefox imo.
Apart from the fact that it's a lot faster, makes MUCH better use of computer resources and is more stable?

I use FF also but that's because I'm a web developer and need certain extensions, if your a mainstream user Chrome is obviously the best choice.
Old 09 May 2009, 10:52

Nosense
Old 10 May 2009, 13:57

Only idiot will install this hack. Who cares what browser do use your users, while they YOUR users. If I ever see such messages on site I prefer to find another one.

Most useless addon I ever seen!
Old 10 May 2009, 14:11

How many individuals who are complaing about privacy have a Facebook or MySpace account? How many of those same individuals use Twitter? Complaining about privacy with Google and then turning around and modifying your MySpace page is the ultimate in irony.
Old 11 May 2009, 09:11

Can I have an IE blocker, just for giggles.
Old 11 May 2009, 12:36

Uninstalled
Old 19 May 2009, 16:23

Originally Posted by xentech View Post
Apart from the fact that it's a lot faster, makes MUCH better use of computer resources and is more stable?

I use FF also but that's because I'm a web developer and need certain extensions, if your a mainstream user Chrome is obviously the best choice.
yeah i have to agree also my computer sucks and crome is the only browser that doesnt lag constantly.
Old 22 May 2009, 15:43

I have to say I'm amazed at the negativity in this thread on this modification. First of all it is a modification that you can choose to install if you feel that you need it, just like any other modification on this site or any other that you visit.

Some people do bury their sites to make them private for a variety of reasons from the search engines and that choice is theirs not ours. If they feel that the chrome browser may be violating that, then they can install it.

Those of us that don't feel that way about the chrome browser and don't want to install this mod are not being strong armed into using it so I'd say don't rag on the coder that made the mod or those that do want to use it.

I really don't think this is a debate or popularity poll as far as browsers go. It's just a good modification thread for those that want this sort of mod.

Good job on the mod.
Old 22 May 2009, 21:01

Because complaining about Chrome and privacy is about as logical as complaining your license plate is out there for all to see when you're driving.
Old 06 Jun 2009, 17:02

ppl dont understand many of the reasons for using this hack, yet accuse me of ignorance...
my smaller board sits behind htaccess/passwd for a reason; its not for public use, its not to be cataloged, its not to be spidered or datamined. if there is any chance that the largest dataminer in the world is using peoples browser to mine data (such a stretch?) i will block it best i can, be that by using apache itself (modrewrite, etc), vb hacks, or both.
if you are too dim to understand that, so be it.
Old 07 Jun 2009, 11:30

ppl dont understand many of the reasons for using this hack, yet accuse me of ignorance...
my smaller board sits behind htaccess/passwd for a reason; its not for public use, its not to be cataloged, its not to be spidered or datamined. if there is any chance that the largest dataminer in the world is using peoples browser to mine data (such a stretch?) i will block it best i can, be that by using apache itself (modrewrite, etc), vb hacks, or both.
if you are too dim to understand that, so be it.
Quite frankly i'm surprised you have the intelligence to turn on your computer. Google has quite clearly explained how to tell it what to index and what not to index. If you made your htaccess file too easy to find, that's your fault. There is no conspiracy, get over it.

Last edited by sheep92032; 07 Jun 2009 at 20:55.
Old 08 Jun 2009, 20:34

i dont trust an opt out system, and what i am hearing is that it could be possible for chrome to assist google to spider content that its spiders cant access.
there is no way i will risk my users information with googles opt out, robots.txt, meta tags, or any other such thing. i certainly hope your own users arent depending upon you to safeguard their data, noob.
Old 08 Jun 2009, 21:06

If your users are that bloody paranoid, they should disconnect their modem and go back to snail mail.
Old 08 Jun 2009, 21:25

they arent paranoid at all. its my job to be paranoid.
Old 09 Jun 2009, 19:18

So... I run a website, that only exists because people visit it... and I'm supposed to enforce my views on Google's browser on them?

I'd rather my ste work badly in Chrome than not at all.

What a waste of time this mod is.