Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Rapidshare Thanks Details »
Rapidshare Thanks
Mod Version: 2.6, by TheInsaneManiac (Coder/Designer) TheInsaneManiac is offline
Developer Last Online: Jul 2018 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (0 vote - 0 average) Installs: 11
Released: 05 Jul 2009 Last Update: 06 Jul 2009 Downloads: 58
Supported Uses Plugins Template Edits Auto-Template Is in Beta Stage  

If your forums are based on downloads or w/e and you wish to save forum/signature space then this mod is for you. If your members wish to be thanked by having another member simply download a file from rapidshare then allow them to link a thanks button to the rapidshare file.

Template Edits: 1
File Edits: 1

Features
  • Thanks button links to a rapidshare file.
  • Members can ONLY add a rapidshare file and NOT a rapidshare folder. (So they don't mislead other members to download their stuff)
  • For security reasons members are blocked from using a different website. (So they can't redirect members where ever)

Upgrading
2.2 and above can simply import the product and select "Allow Overwrite".

2.1 and below you must uninstall the old product!

Step 1
Admin -> User Profile Fields -> Add New User Profile Field

Single-Line Text Box

Title
Rapidshare Thanks File ID

Description:
Enter your Rapidshare file ID that you wish for members to download in order to thank you.
EX: http://rapidshare.com/files/<b><u>000000000/filename.zip</u></b>

Private Field: Yes
Field Searchable on Members List: No
Show on Members List: No

Step 2
Open product-rapidsharethanks.xml and find both instances of $post[fieldX], replace the X with the profile field ID you just created, and save.

Step 3
Upload the contents of the upload folder to your forum root.

Step 4
In postbit find an area you wish to place the thanks button and add this code:
<!-- Rapidshare Thanks -->

To have it show before the edit button add the code before:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Step 5
Install the plugin.

Changelog:
1.0 - Release
2.0 - Fixed a small issue that caused the thanks button to show for those that don't have the thanks system setup in their usercp.
2.1 - I forgot a small bit of code to make it so the thanks button only shows for those that don't have the thanks system setup in their usercp. It works now, my bad it was 8:00 A.M. when I worked on the first fix. I also updated the profile field example.
2.2 - Rewrote parts of the modification to be more server sufficient. Also all future updates will not need to be uninstalled. A simple Allow Overwrite will work. However this update will require you to uninstall and install the updated product.
2.5 - Fixed an issue with the server sufficient code caused the button to repeat. Added a message feature so that when the user clicks the Thanks button they are informed that they are being redirected to Rapidshare. Since there is more to see, I have added screenshots.
2.6 - Fixed the repeating issue for sure this time. I accidentally left out the fix in the last release.

If you have any feature requests let me know. The only reason I have this in beta stages is because I haven't got all the initial features I wanted to include in it yet. If people like it I will continue to develop this modification and work on the features I wanted to include to get this out of the beta stages.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rapidshare Thanks.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	101585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Admin CP.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	101586  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Rapidshare Upload HaYLaZ vBulletin 3.5 Template Modifications 52 12 Jul 2008 20:11

Comments
Old 05 Jul 2009, 12:12

screen shot or demo please ?
Old 05 Jul 2009, 12:17

Yeahhhh... Awesome... Gonna install pwnage ftw
Old 05 Jul 2009, 12:24

Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
screen shot or demo please ?
Honestly I don't know what to screenshot? I don't run a download forum so I don't have a demo for you guys either as I don't have this installed. (I installed it on my test forum, but uninstalled it after testing purposes)

To better describe it's uses:
Member A types in their rapidshare file ID, which is then used in all of the member A posts. So when another member B comes along that thinks member A is helpful, he can click member A's thanks button which leads him to a rapidshare file download of member B's choice.

I already found a minor issue, which I have fixed. Nothing really all that big. Anyway to upgrade you MUST uninstall the previous version.

Note: This will not affect your settings.

Last edited by TheInsaneManiac; 05 Jul 2009 at 12:32.
Old 05 Jul 2009, 12:58

Ah, so when you click that button, it simply opens up a new tab to download the file?
Old 05 Jul 2009, 13:01

its putting the link in twice on the search bar and as a result error file not found

Last edited by Andy69; 05 Jul 2009 at 13:09.
Old 05 Jul 2009, 15:00

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac View Post
Honestly I don't know what to screenshot? I don't run a download forum so I don't have a demo for you guys either as I don't have this installed. (I installed it on my test forum, but uninstalled it after testing purposes)

To better describe it's uses:
Member A types in their rapidshare file ID, which is then used in all of the member A posts. So when another member B comes along that thinks member A is helpful, he can click member A's thanks button which leads him to a rapidshare file download of member B's choice.

I already found a minor issue, which I have fixed. Nothing really all that big. Anyway to upgrade you MUST uninstall the previous version.

Note: This will not affect your settings.

Well if you should definatly check it works, before you post, and try it on a downloads site...

We need a screenshot!
Old 05 Jul 2009, 18:37

Screen Shoot Please
Old 05 Jul 2009, 19:52

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac View Post
thats a big lie...
Old 05 Jul 2009, 20:40

Screen Shoot Please
Old 05 Jul 2009, 22:36

Originally Posted by forumsonsuz View Post
Screen Shoot Please
I put up a screenshot of the thanks button. Other than that you CAN NOT take a screenshot of anything else. The button is simply linked to a rapidshare file.

Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
its putting the link in twice on the search bar and as a result error file not found
That is my fault. It was like 8 in the morning and I had been up all night. In your profile field change:

to

Update:
2.6 released. If you are running 2.2 and above you can simple import the product and Allow Overwrite.

Last edited by TheInsaneManiac; 06 Jul 2009 at 09:33.
Old 06 Jul 2009, 17:48

Good Idea
Old 09 Jul 2009, 01:55

Originally Posted by ubcforums View Post
Good Idea
Thanks, let me know if you have any suggestions.