Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31 Jan 2010, 01:22

ibProArcade a dead mod?

Now I might be completely wrong but...

It doesn't seem like the author of the mod has been working on it for the past month , I have checked numerous threads, especially the stickies, and the last release was in december. Are there any future updates planned? If so what do they contain?

I'm pretty sure the community would like to hear of future news
Comments
Old 31 Jan 2010, 23:30

Now I might be completely wrong but...
Yes you're completely wrong
Old 31 Jan 2010, 23:33

Well, maybe you missed that last released update was jsut in december 2009

click here
Old 01 Feb 2010, 00:11

Yeah I know last release was in december 2009... just that I thought another release would have came by now

But ok, I will wait
Old 01 Feb 2010, 00:15

There's really nothing to fix.why update?
Old 01 Feb 2010, 01:14

Well the background for vb4.0.1 has issues with the arcade page. and many are having issues with saving scores...etc. So I think an update is necessary to fix these?
Old 01 Feb 2010, 02:12

Coders have their own busy lifes remember, these aren't paid addons or products.
Old 01 Feb 2010, 02:31

Originally Posted by Bouncer222 View Post
Well the background for vb4.0.1 has issues with the arcade page. and many are having issues with saving scores...etc. So I think an update is necessary to fix these?
Except, its not a chronic issue with all users. There's still hundreds, if not thousands of installations running just fine. The problems with the styles are likely conflicts with custom styles, which is not something that you can necessarily work out unless your the admin running the custom style or the designer of the style. Also, score saving problems have been around since the mod was released in 2005. They're can be scores of reasons (no pun intended) why that's the case, and sometimes, despite the times when MrZeroPage can answer and when the rest of us try to help, we just don't know the answer. That doesn't make a mod dead. It just means we can't help. And even an update to the mod, doesn't mean the next update is specifically going to address the problems your having. An update is often just that, updating the code and nothing more.

Now I suppose forty or fifty of us could post in those threads with "I don't know the answer". But that wouldn't really help the situations other than create spam. This is true of all modifications.
Old 01 Feb 2010, 02:39

Or you could just perform the fixes that are already listed elsewhere.
Old 02 Feb 2010, 11:04

I'm back here looking for salvation after using v3arcade...never again
Old 02 Feb 2010, 11:56

i wish the newer type of games as seen on facebook and myspace (widgets) would work with this... because they are more long-term games.
Old 02 Feb 2010, 19:51

I had issues with the background of the arcade not matching my skin.... guess what i did...... I researched on these forums to find out the problem. It's easy to find if you bother to make an effort to look.

I had an issue with saving the scores too.... guess what.... I found the solution posted numerous times on these forums. Again look for it.

Don't take people for granted and expect them to be at your beck and call.

EDIT: In fact you are one of the people that PM'd me on the forums here asking how I resolved the background issue. i clearly explained how you fix it yet you complained and said there must be an easier way!!! personally I thought it was extremely easy the way I suggested.

And you know what is even more rediculous, the fact that I clearly explained what you need to do to correct the background for the arcade and looking at your site you haven't even bothered to do it and yet you are still here complaining about it when I've told you how to fix it.

If you can't even be bothered to help yourself then why should you expect others to help you.

Follow the guidance I gave you after you personally contacted me and asked me or keep quiet.
Old 02 Feb 2010, 20:51

Originally Posted by clarkey25 View Post
I had issues with the background of the arcade not matching my skin.... guess what i did...... I researched on these forums to find out the problem. It's easy to find if you bother to make an effort to look.

I had an issue with saving the scores too.... guess what.... I found the solution posted numerous times on these forums. Again look for it.

Don't take people for granted and expect them to be at your beck and call.

EDIT: In fact you are one of the people that PM'd me on the forums here asking how I resolved the background issue. i clearly explained how you fix it yet you complained and said there must be an easier way!!! personally I thought it was extremely easy the way I suggested.

And you know what is even more rediculous, the fact that I clearly explained what you need to do to correct the background for the arcade and looking at your site you haven't even bothered to do it and yet you are still here complaining about it when I've told you how to fix it.

If you can't even be bothered to help yourself then why should you expect others to help you.

Follow the guidance I gave you after you personally contacted me and asked me or keep quiet.
Look, first of all, don't assume things out of the blue.

I spent five hours trying to find both these fixes with no luck.

I don't remember PMing you, but if I ever did, then rest assured I did try it as well, I tried so much different steps to fix these two, that I actually had to at the end reinstall my forums because it just messed it up even more.

So before you assume things and try to stir things up here on these forums... do some research yourself. If you got nothing better to say here, then refrain from posting please.
Old 02 Feb 2010, 21:51

I don't remember PMing you, but if I ever did, then rest assured I did try it as well, I tried so much different steps to fix these two, that I actually had to at the end reinstall my forums because it just messed it up even more.
Here's a remind of you PMing me...

Originally Posted by Bouncer222
Originally Posted by clarkey25
Originally Posted by Bouncer222
I noticed you posted an issue in iProArcade forums that you had a background problem issue, I do to at http://www.brotherhoodofgamers.com/arcade.php

how did you fix yours?
go in to your ACP >> Styles and Templates >> select your style and choose edit templates.

Edit the ARCADE.css template.

search for this: .alt1, .alt1Active
and for this: .alt2, .alt2Active

change the background colour code for those settings to the colour you want. It may be trial and error but those are the bits of code you need to change.

Also a little further below I have:
.tcat .shade, .thead .shade, .tfoot .shade { color: #DDDDDD; }

I can't remember if it was originally DDDDDD or whether I changed it to that. Not sure what that bit is, but you may want to change that too. That may have had something to do with border colours.

I hope this helps you.
Well where can I get the colors from in the first place? I mean did you really just try different colors to get the result? Because that would be a hell of too much work to do.

I'm pretty sure there is a css template somewhere which you can check to copy the colors off of no?

oh and rest assured that you tried this??? if you tried this exactly as i said in the PM you would have fixed your issue by now. But you complained because you had to spend a little extra time finding out the colour code.
Old 03 Feb 2010, 00:32

Clarkey, you seriously do talk too much. I tried it, and I do not have to prove anything to you. And I also will not waste any more of my time here, because I have a life. Goodbye.