Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Mass Remove Blog Posts Details »
Mass Remove Blog Posts
Mod Version: 1.00, by TheInsaneManiac (Coder/Designer) TheInsaneManiac is offline
Developer Last Online: Mar 2018 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.x Rating: (0 vote - 0 average) Installs: 2
Released: 10 Jan 2013 Last Update: Never Downloads: 0
Supported DB Changes Re-usable Code  

Be sure to make backups of your database or at least the following tables:
blog
blog_text
blog_subscribeentry

Now you will need some skills in phpmyadmin and mySQL, but basically login to phpmyadmin and search the blog table and see where your spam first began. I will use the 1000th line as example. You will need to run the following query as it will delete anything posted after the 1000th blog post, simply edit the query to reflect the actual numbers you found inside the blog table. Also change the "prefix_" to your prefix in the database rather it be vb_ or vb4_

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases dmActivityStream - Blog Posts and Blog Comments Lairston vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 5 10 Feb 2012 04:45
Remove mass-prune posts option in ModCP Erwin vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 15 04 Jan 2005 06:52

Comments
Old 10 Jan 2013, 02:10

---Reserved---

Update:
When I find the time I will see about creating this into an executable php file.
Old 16 Jan 2013, 01:29

Is there a way to do this by username? Blogs after a certain date would include legitimate blogs too.
Old 04 Sep 2013, 18:52

Thanks so much. Now I highly recommend the Image version of NoSpam - but like everyone is saying - there needs to be a fair way for the blind to register and create posts. Spambots should be barred but blind people are innocent.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 21:48

Older thread here but relevant for me. I am working for a client who's blog has been hijacked for years. There are thousands of spam entries. he has no categories set up and there are some good entries as well so deleting using post number will not work.

I have never encountered this with a blog before and I just cannot believe Vbulletin does not have a decent way to mass prune blog posts by user! If not I suppose a query to delete blogs by user should be easy but I would rather have a gui for client.

Thanks

My hope was to have the client delete these blog posts as I was hired to do something else and I do not want to send him into the database. I figured he could just go through the users and prune by user right in the admincp.

Is there a mod available that does this?

#Update - I just wrote a query and am using that. Easy for me but not for client.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Last edited by RichieBoy67; 18 Feb 2014 at 07:31.