Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[OzzModz] Social Media Icon Links In NavBar Details »
[OzzModz] Social Media Icon Links In NavBar
Developer Last Online: May 2017 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 4.2.x Rating: (17 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 67
Released: 04 Oct 2013 Last Update: 29 Nov 2013 Downloads: 264
Not Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Translations  

Another mod brought to you by,

[OzzModz] Social Media Icon Links In NavBar, has won MOTM for November 2013 Mod of the Month!

Here is a small modification you can use to have up to four social media icons in your navbar.

It is a simple installation, upload the file in the UPLOAD folder, then import the product XML, product-ozzy_social_links_navbar

You can edit the options under the settings, Ozzy: Social Media Icon Links In NavBar Settings

There is 31 different icons in the images/social icons folder for you to use.

Complete Feature List
  • Option to disable the mod completely.
  • Option to disable the first icon.
  • Option to set the url icon one goes to when clicked.
  • Option to set the path and image name to the icon you want to use for the first one.
  • Option to set the text to display when a user hovers over the first icon.
  • Option to disable the second icon.
  • Option to set the url icon two goes to when clicked.
  • Option to set the path and image name to the icon you want to use for the second one.
  • Option to set the text to display when a user hovers over the second icon.
  • Option to disable the third icon.
  • Option to set the url icon three goes to when clicked.
  • Option to set the path and image name to the icon you want to use for the third one.
  • Option to set the text to display when a user hovers over the third icon.
  • Option to disable the fourth icon.
  • Option to set the url icon four goes to when clicked.
  • Option to set the path and image name to the icon you want to use for the fourth one.
  • Option to set the text to display when a user hovers over the fourth icon.
  • Option to disable the fifth icon.
  • Option to set the url icon five goes to when clicked.
  • Option to set the path and image name to the icon you want to use for the fifth one.
  • Option to set the text to display when a user hovers over the fifth icon.
  • Option to disable the sixth icon.
  • Option to set the url icon six goes to when clicked.
  • Option to set the path and image name to the icon you want to use for the sixth one.
  • Option to set the text to display when a user hovers over the sixth icon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like this mod please hit the button to the right ---->

Please remember to click the, button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified whenever new updates are available.

* For security issues - vbulletin.org will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to their attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps me know how many people are using my work, giving me extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

I appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v1.0.0 Initial release.

v1.1.0 Added the ability to have up to six icons displayed now.

Contributions Received (members who clicked on, and followed through with the Support Developer button)

bazookajoe

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	social media 1.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	146617   Click image for larger version

Name:	social media 2.jpg
Views:	1104
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	146618  

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Mini Mods [OzzModz] Extended Search Links In Navbar ozzy47 Modification Graveyard 90 26 Dec 2014 10:08
Mini Mods [OzzModz] Site Links Block In WGO ozzy47 Modification Graveyard 55 20 Jan 2014 15:07
Social Group and Album Enhancements "Share" Button in NavBar and Showthread (links to over 200 social networking sites) bmckinley vBulletin 3.8 Template Modifications 47 02 Dec 2012 01:09
Social Media 820Media vBulletin 4.x Styles 20 04 Feb 2011 04:56

Comments
Old 04 Oct 2013, 01:20

Reserved.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 04 Oct 2013, 04:19

plz add google+ no images of googleplus
Old 04 Oct 2013, 04:28

Done, re-download the zip and re-upload the images folder. Thanks for marking as installed.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 09 Oct 2013, 13:07

Ozzy,
First off, thanks for writing this!

Secondly, any chance of increasing the right margin a bit further out? Once I have the mod installed the icon closest to the search box only has about half of it clickable. In my case, my YouTube icon. When you first helped me out with this last week I ended up going with "margin-right: 200px" to get the spacing correct.
Old 09 Oct 2013, 23:26

Edit the template, ozzy_social_media_links.css, find:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Change 185 to 200
Old 12 Oct 2013, 20:43

Thank you
Can you as LinkedIn, and google+ is not there!
Old 12 Oct 2013, 21:32

The mod only allows four icons, you can change them in the settings, Ozzy: Social Media Icon Links In NavBar Settings

Thanks for marking as installed.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 11:01

Thanks, glad ya like it, and thanks for marking as installed.
Old 02 Nov 2013, 10:43

Hello, is it working for VB 5.05 ?
Old 02 Nov 2013, 10:57

I doubt it, I believe it is completely different.
Old 02 Nov 2013, 11:49

Thank you. Works perfect.

As I have a custom style the icons were touching the top of the navbar with some space at the bottom. If somebody has the same issue and you want to align them nicely in the middle just add the following:

Edit the ozzy_social_media_links.css
In .ozzy_social_media_links_span add the following:

margin-top: 5px;

You might need to change the "5px" to a higher or lower number that works for your navbar
Old 02 Nov 2013, 12:26

You've got about 12 tabs plus social media icons in that navbar. How does it look on something like a iPad? I find having more than 8 or 9 tab (even without adding extra socia media icons) screws everything up on a tablet device.
Old 02 Nov 2013, 14:13

Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
You've got about 12 tabs plus social media icons in that navbar. How does it look on something like a iPad? I find having more than 8 or 9 tab (even without adding extra socia media icons) screws everything up on a tablet device.
I do not know, I don't have a tablet, or iPad, but that is what the mobile theme is for, to avoid issues like that. I would imagine though it probably looks like crap.