Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09 Jan 2004, 23:48

Arrow Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.21 Integration

I think PhotoPost is rather a silly product, because the free Coppermine Photo Gallery does all the same. Can it be connected to vB3 RC2 and the Coppermine templates and phrases stored in the vB database? This would a rather big project, but it would be even more dynamic than the commercial products as PhotoPost and Albinator.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 16:22

yea there is an integration out... i couldnt get it to work though, some problem with the cookies.. but alot of people seemed to have worked fine for them.... the file is downloadable from their site...
Old 17 Jan 2004, 08:53

If only it would have the "ImageCopyResized" php function working
http://www.google.com/search?q=%49%6...7A%65%64&hl=ru
Old 17 Jan 2004, 16:40

I tried this integration that came with it, but it won't let me log into coppermine now
Old 17 Jan 2004, 16:54

Originally Posted by TheAnt
I tried this integration that came with it, but it won't let me log into coppermine now
Do you have the latest vb3 bridge? If not it can be found on the Coppermine support boards right here. I managed to get it installed and running with very little effort. The next step is to integrate the styles if possible.
Old 17 Jan 2004, 17:30

I also managed to integrate it with vb RC2,

the problems tend to be cookie related i believe, affecting users with a http://forum.webserver.com/ setup.
Old 17 Jan 2004, 17:40

tgmorris- yes, i Have the latest bridge, downloaded from their downloads page

ChrisSy- I have the forums in the root directory.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 02:13

Originally Posted by TheAnt
tgmorris- yes, i Have the latest bridge, downloaded from their downloads page

ChrisSy- I have the forums in the root directory.
Have u guys seen this one? http://smartor.is-root.com/viewtopic.php?t=3021

Looks pretty damn sweet to me, but only currently ported with Phpbb..

Anyone care to take a stab at porting it to Vbulletin 3.0 ? lol

I've looked at the code, but not good with PHP and got lost immediately.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 01:59

The vB3 bridge works perfectly, as long as you refer to my post on page 6 of that thread, and I quote:
The bridge works perfectly. One thing to note, though. I'll make it big and bold so no one will miss it.

The bridge file asks for you vB Customer Number. DO NOT ENTER YOUR CUSTOMER NUMBER THERE. Instead, input you LICENSE NUMBER, the number that is at the top of all of your vB3 files. If you input your customer number, then it won't work.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 02:24

> I think PhotoPost is rather a silly product

All gallery scripts have their strong suits - you should always research your options and see whats best suited to your needs.

PhotoPost integrates out-of-the-box with vB 2 and vB 3, supports multimedia files, GD1 and GD2, comes with support and is the product most others copy features from. We also have gallery and forum style layouts and a host of other features many of the other scripts do not. We were the first Photo Gallery to focus on forum integration and have developed some great Mods to fully integrate your galleries into your forums (http://www.photopostdev.com).

Always do your homework.

Last edited by PhotoPost; 30 Jan 2004 at 02:29.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 15:49

And does not suports gifs ...
Old 31 Jan 2004, 16:15

Originally Posted by gmarik
And does not suports gifs ...
Coppermine is looking pretty nice, and to be honest, Its rather simple to install and bridge with vB3 took me a moment of idioticy. I recommend it if you can not afford Photopost, as photopost can take video and music and coppermine is still working on that feature.

Also the templates in Coppermine is like easy as pie to use!
Old 31 Jan 2004, 16:40

I can only agree. And Coppermine is going to have a crop function soon which PP will (seemed to me) never going to even think about. And it has all the translations I need. Use Coppermine - it's free and better than all the rest at the moment and, guys, I've installed about 8 different gallerys ...
Old 31 Jan 2004, 16:53

The trick now is to get it integrated a bit better as far as matching styles goes. I've got the bridge file modified to the point it loads in the correct vb CSS information based on the users' style. Now the decision is how best to modify the templates. Should the Coppermine style be loaded into the vb CSS or should the Coppermine class="xxxx" be changed to use existing vb classes.

In the long run it's probably better to load the Coppermine definitions into vb and change them there as it will provide an easier upgrade path.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 19:20

I would preffer coppermine templates in vb DB, but something, if not this, should be done.
Are you ready to post a tutorial how you changed your bridge files? I could post my comments and CSS files after that, we could work together on that, doen't we>?