Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12 Apr 2004, 20:34
Jakeman's Avatar
Jakeman Jakeman is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
template driven pages

Re: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101325

Create a PHP file with this code. Change the red code appropriately. This will display a page within your forum layout where the page contents are the contents of the template you specify.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

__________________
lamo mac boy
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12 Apr 2004, 21:08
fonzerelli_79's Avatar
fonzerelli_79 fonzerelli_79 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
thanks jake

for some reason the $navbar variable wont work - is there something i have to include in the php code to be able to include the navbar template
__________________
| System 0 |
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 13 Apr 2004, 00:34
Jakeman's Avatar
Jakeman Jakeman is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Try adding this code before the last eval line:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

This will at least call the template. I'm not sure how the nav location will be reported since it's an external script.
__________________
lamo mac boy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 13 Apr 2004, 00:38
fonzerelli_79's Avatar
fonzerelli_79 fonzerelli_79 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
yeah that worked - thanks
__________________
| System 0 |
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13 Apr 2004, 01:40
filburt1 filburt1 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Originally Posted by Jakeman
Try adding this code before the last eval line:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

This will at least call the template. I'm not sure how the nav location will be reported since it's an external script.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 19 Apr 2004, 03:27
blairwarlock's Avatar
blairwarlock blairwarlock is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Originally Posted by filburt1
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
When inserting this variable, I get a nested link with the main home page at the top. However, the open folder icon below it shows no text next to it. Shouldn't it read "The Foo Page" (or whatever text you use)?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 22 Apr 2004, 06:02
lazserus's Avatar
lazserus lazserus is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Please pardon my ignorance, but what I'm getting from this is that this creates the option to stick any current (or custom) template into an entirely new page with a vBulletin theme. This is all well and good (from my retarded little standpoint), but I'm not too keen on custom making a template w/o guidance. My webmaster and myself are testing this hack and the setup is simple enough but we're having problems adding content. :ermm: It's just that we don't quite understand vB3 yet. Any guidence?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 22 Apr 2004, 10:07
fonzerelli_79's Avatar
fonzerelli_79 fonzerelli_79 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Originally Posted by blairwarlock
When inserting this variable, I get a nested link with the main home page at the top. However, the open folder icon below it shows no text next to it. Shouldn't it read "The Foo Page" (or whatever text you use)?
use this instead


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

__________________
| System 0 |
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01 May 2004, 10:58
hollyboy's Avatar
hollyboy hollyboy is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
http://www.interfans.org/forum/rules.php

I get this error:
Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/interfan/public_html/forum/rules.php on line 4


And what do I have to add in the new template?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01 May 2004, 14:41
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by hollyboy
http://www.interfans.org/forum/rules.php

I get this error:
Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/interfan/public_html/forum/rules.php on line 4


And what do I have to add in the new template?
Try this:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Chnage Forum Rules to what you want the navtitle to say.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01 May 2004, 16:02
hollyboy's Avatar
hollyboy hollyboy is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
where do I have to copy that?
Sorry not very confident with php
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01 May 2004, 16:07
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Put it instead of this:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

or whatever else you used for that line.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01 May 2004, 17:21
hollyboy's Avatar
hollyboy hollyboy is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I don't know what u r talking about...
My code is this one:

<?php

// GO TO FORUM DIR
chdir('/full/path/to/forum/directory');

// STANDARD VBULLETIN STUFF
define('NO_REGISTER_GLOBALS', 1);
define('THIS_SCRIPT', 'script_name');
require_once('./global.php');

// GENERIC_SHELL VARS
$pagetitle = "Title of Page";
$HTML = ""; // PIECED TOGETHER IN SCRIPT

eval('$HTML = "' . fetch_template('name of template') . '";');

eval('print_output("' . fetch_template('GENERIC_SHELL') . '");');

?>
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01 May 2004, 17:25
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by hollyboy
I don't know what u r talking about...
My code is this one:

<?php

// GO TO FORUM DIR
chdir('/full/path/to/forum/directory');

// STANDARD VBULLETIN STUFF
define('NO_REGISTER_GLOBALS', 1);
define('THIS_SCRIPT', 'script_name');
require_once('./global.php');

// GENERIC_SHELL VARS
$pagetitle = "Title of Page";
$HTML = ""; // PIECED TOGETHER IN SCRIPT

eval('$HTML = "' . fetch_template('name of template') . '";');

eval('print_output("' . fetch_template('GENERIC_SHELL') . '");');

?>
Put the code I gave you right BEFORE this line:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01 May 2004, 18:26
hollyboy's Avatar
hollyboy hollyboy is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
http://www.interfans.org/forum/rules.php
error
I am getting confused about the code to use now. Can u please say exaclty all the code I have to have in my rules.php page.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VB Photo Upload 2.0 Template driven chad777 vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 9 30 Apr 2003 19:35



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 15:31.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: