Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Change Username via UserCP v2.0 Permissions and Password optional Details »
Change Username via UserCP v2.0 Permissions and Password optional
Mod Version: 1.00, by tuncket (Member) tuncket is offline
Developer Last Online: Dec 2008 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.0.1 Rating: (0 vote - 0 average) Installs: 44
Released: 27 Jun 2004 Last Update: Never Downloads: 52
Not Supported  

This hack has been completely created, it is recommended that you uninstall the version 1.0 and install the new version.

Author: tuncket
Based in version 1.0 (Post)
Description: This allows your users to Change their Username via their UserCP

FREATURES
  • Password is requiered to modify username optionally and selected since AdminCP
  • Function disabled for certain Usergroups, selected since Usergroup Permissions

This Hack has been tested in vB 3.0.1!

New Files: (0)

Database Queries: (3)

Files to edit: (5)
- global.php (1 change)
- profile.php (2 changes)
- includes/functions_user.php (1 change)
- includes/init.php (1 change)
- admincp/usergroup.php (1 change)

Templates to add: (1)
- modifyusername

Templates to modify: (1)
- USERCP_SHELL (1 change)

Phrases to add: (8)

Level difficulty: Easy

Time installation: 10-15 minutes


PLEASE CLICK HERE IF INSTALLED!!!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	UserCP.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	19401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Edit Username.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	19402   Click image for larger version

Name:	Edit Username Password.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	19403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Settings.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	19404  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Permissions per Usergroup.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	19405  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Change Username via UserCP v2.0 Scott MacVicar vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 142 24 Feb 2005 01:11

Comments
  #2  
Old 27 Jun 2004, 21:13
`SLVR`'s Avatar
`SLVR` `SLVR` is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Nice hack, I think this definitly might be something I use soon.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27 Jun 2004, 21:23
assassingod's Avatar
assassingod assassingod is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Great idea, however I think there needs to be some more restriction to allowing users changing their username, i.e Certain amount of posts or reputation. If not, then I would great a log feature to see who changed their username to what and when.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28 Jun 2004, 22:58
snyx's Avatar
snyx snyx is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Originally Posted by tuncket
This hack has been completely created, it is recommended that you uninstall the version 1.0 and install the new version.

Author: tuncket
Based in version 1.0 (Post)
Description: This allows your users to Change their Username via their UserCP

FREATURES
  • Password is requiered to modify username optionally and selected since AdminCP
  • Function disabled for certain Usergroups, selected since Usergroup Permissions

This Hack has been tested in vB 3.0.1!

New Files: (0)

Database Queries: (3)

Files to edit: (5)
- global.php (1 change)
- profile.php (2 changes)
- includes/functions_user.php (1 change)
- includes/init.php (1 change)
- admincp/usergroup.php (1 change)

Templates to add: (1)
- modifyusername

Templates to modify: (1)
- USERCP_SHELL (1 change)

Phrases to add: (8)

Level difficulty: Easy

Time installation: 10-15 minutes


PLEASE CLICK HERE IF INSTALLED!!!
can you put in an approval via admin cp option?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 29 Jun 2004, 04:56
gwhooooey gwhooooey is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
What would be good, as lots of people have mentioned... is a history of old usernames. Will this be added at some point?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 29 Jun 2004, 05:12
Logikos Logikos is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Nice hack, but what would happen if a user accidently hit the STOP button in the middle of changeing?
__________________
Full Time PHP Developer
Please feel free to contact me if you have any paid work to be done.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07 Jul 2004, 03:45
porouian's Avatar
porouian porouian is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
i'd really like to use this, but only if there was an option to only enable users to change their usernames once every x amount of days, ie. once changed, users would have to wait say, 90 days to change their username again.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07 Jul 2004, 12:12
Nitesh Nitesh is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Originally Posted by porouian
i'd really like to use this, but only if there was an option to only enable users to change their usernames once every x amount of days, ie. once changed, users would have to wait say, 90 days to change their username again.
This would make an excellent addition to this hack Otherwise thank you for the hack.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 17 Jul 2004, 06:05
turbidblue's Avatar
turbidblue turbidblue is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: John
THANK YOU!



/me clicks install
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 25 Jul 2004, 15:42
Jadelit Jadelit is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
does this work with vb 3.0.3?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 25 Jul 2004, 18:14
Logikos Logikos is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Originally Posted by Live Wire
Nice hack, but what would happen if a user accidently hit the STOP button in the middle of changeing?
hmmm, i still wonder what would happen
__________________
Full Time PHP Developer
Please feel free to contact me if you have any paid work to be done.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 29 Jul 2004, 08:45
Steve123 Steve123 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
little bug..

when u change the username.. it still shows there old username in the last post bit
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 30 Jul 2004, 14:45
Noiz Pollution Noiz Pollution is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Originally Posted by Steve123
little bug..

when u change the username.. it still shows there old username in the last post bit
Could add a link to the function to update usernames in the update counters section of the admincp.


Cheers,
Robert
__________________
Visit NoizPollution.com // Your Music Source
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09 Aug 2004, 14:23
Dragon_IBA's Avatar
Dragon_IBA Dragon_IBA is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
This hack is almost exactly what i am looking for. This is the one thing i would like to see which was touched on another way above. When a user changes their name would it be possible to move them to the awaiting moderation group so that the administrator would have to "approve" the change prior to it happening? selecting the "approve" button initiates the change, selecting the delete button cancels the change (does not delete the user), and ignore puts off the decision till later? I guess basically what i am looking for is a method of the administrator haveing to approve the name changes.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10 Aug 2004, 18:01
jluerken's Avatar
jluerken jluerken is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Germany
Originally Posted by Dragon_IBA
This hack is almost exactly what i am looking for. This is the one thing i would like to see which was touched on another way above. When a user changes their name would it be possible to move them to the awaiting moderation group so that the administrator would have to "approve" the change prior to it happening? selecting the "approve" button initiates the change, selecting the delete button cancels the change (does not delete the user), and ignore puts off the decision till later? I guess basically what i am looking for is a method of the administrator haveing to approve the name changes.
You say it man! Thats exactly the addition I wanna also see for this hack + a small history so that an admin can check which usernames the user had already.
__________________
Ciao jluerken
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 22:56.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: